• logo1
  • logo2
  • logo3
  • logo4
  • logo5
  • logo6
  • logo7
  • logo8
  • logo9
  • logo10
  • logo11
  • logo12

Start Now, Save More

Incentive Rebates

Before making equipment and efficiency upgrades, contact your local CMPAS utility for efficiency bonus information. Review qualifying purchases, complete forms and start saving.


Energy Assistance

Contact your local municipal utility for information if you need financial assistance to pay your electric utility bill. Your municipal utility will be able to connect you with local organizations to help qualifying households.


Use these instructions and application to apply for the Minnesota Energy Assistance Program or Weatherization Assistance Program to help pay heating and energy costs and use energy more efficiently.

The Energy Assistance Program (EAP)

helps pay home heating costs and furnace repairs for income-qualified renters and homeowners.


Services include:


  • Assistance with energy bill payments.
  • Help with utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries.
  • Resources to Repair or replace malfunctioning heating systems for homeowners.
  • Education regarding efficient and safe home heating practices.
  • Support through advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers.


To be eligible, total household income must fall below 50 percent of the state median income. Applicants with the lowest incomes and highest heating expenses receive the largest grants and can range from 15 to 75 percent of home heating bill costs.

Click on the State of Minnesota to obtain the application used by local assistance agencies to apply for federally-funded energy assistance and weatherization programs.  


The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)

allows income-qualified households to permanently reduce their energy bills by helping make their homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of family members.


This federally funded program includes services for the following home improvements:


  • Energy audits to evaluate potential weatherization work
  • Exterior wall and attic insulation
  • Air infiltration and bypass sealing
  • Mechanical system testing, repair, or replacement
  • Education


When home improvements are determined, consumers may qualify for energy efficient purchase bonuses from their electric utility.


Who to Contact

Local assistance agencies such as community action agencies coordinate services for eligible households within cities.  

Blue Earth

Minnesota Valley Action Council (https://www.mnvac.org/programs/energy/energy-assistance-eap/)

507-345-6822 or 800-767-7139



Renville County Energy Assistance (http://www.renvillecountymn.com/departments/human_and_health_services/human_services/energy_assistance_program.php)

320-523-5522 or 800-363-2533


Granite Falls

Prairie Five Community Action Council (http://www.prairiefive.com/)

320-269-6578 or 800-767-7139



Minnesota Valley Action Council (https://www.mnvac.org/programs/energy/energy-assistance-eap/)

507-345-6822 or 800-767-7139



Southeastern Minnesota Community Action Council (http://www.semcac.org/energy/)

507-864-7741 or 800-944-3207



Three Rivers Community Action (http://threeriverscap.org/)

507-732-7391 or 800-277-8418


Mountain Lake

Western Community Action (http://www.wcainc.org/)

507-537-1416 or 800-658-2448


Sleepy Eye

Brown County Family Services

507-359-6504 or 800-450-8246



Brown County Family Services

507-359-6504 or 800-450-8246



Western Community Action (http://www.wcainc.org/)

507-537-1416 or 800-658-2448



If you are a weatherization assistance qualified consumer, you can also combine your receipts for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment purchases for rebates from your local electric utility. For more information visit or contact your utility or browse our website.